Ny bok - The 356 Porsche, A Restorer’s Guide to Authenticity IV

SvenS
Medlem
Tilltalsnamn: Sven
Efternamn: Stark
Medlemsnummer: 141

Ny bok - The 356 Porsche, A Restorer’s Guide to Authenticity IV

Inlägg av SvenS » 16 nov 2019 16:50

Jag fick följande mail från Brett Johnson. Många av oss känner till hans böcker och artiklar.
Om det är någon här som vill ta på sig att administrera en gruppbeställning, så kan transporten komma ned till mer rimliga nivåer. Tull & moms tillkommer naturligtvis.

Hi,

November 1 at 7 PM, I placed this really long classified ad on the 356 Registry website. Today, I thought about my minimalist marketing plan and said to myself, “Hey, not everyone is constantly scanning the 356 Registry website, maybe you should mention it to others” — so please consider this a mention. Maybe members in your club will be interested.

Orders are now being taken online at www.tpr-inc.com for Authenticity IV (The 356 Porsche, A Restorer’s Guide to Authenticity IV) by – uh – me. It is at the printer and final proof has just been approved. We expect them around December 1 in ample time for the festive holiday season.

Since the last edition was published in October 1997, this thing called the internet became popular and it allowed information to be widely available and rapidly transmitted. Yeah, it didn't have universally correct information, but it was sure useful for my new research. Last time people sent photos in the mail of all things!

Anyway, some very smart and generous 356 folks have shared tremendously fascinating information and images. As a result, Authenticity IV has much more detail including coverage of major mechanical systems bypassed in previous editions. Additional details and changes are chronicled, most with accompanying dates and/or chassis number references. Speaking of, I improved on the official chassis number list again with some better engine numbers, putting some cars in the correct year (oops!) and the regrettable loss of 69 1950 356s, which were never built.

Did I mention that there are color photos? Yep, 921 of them accompanied by only 4 black & white factory ones. Sure they couldn't be very big, since they are spread around on 248 pages along with 193 illustrations – but more about that later. They are on nice quality paper, which is a whopping half-inch wider than the previous editions and despite not having a hard cover, it still weighs nearly two and a half pounds – more about that later, too.

Okay, here's the cool part. Everybody that buys one from TPR, Inc. can have his book(s) signed and/or personalized for no additional charge and prior to the first of the year, get standard shipping for only $4. I really want to be able to provide people in other countries reasonably priced shipping rates, but the two and a half pound thing is troublesome. If any of you can help me out with this I really want to know.

Actually, that wasn't the cool part, this is the cool part. Anyone buying Authenticity IV from TPR, Inc. will receive free personal access to a website where they can view nearly all of those photos and illustrations much larger – and I mean much larger. It is still being developed (as of November 1), but it is really cool – I think I mentioned that.

The printing order has been approved today and they will be here soon. All book orders will be filled in the order received and we have no intention of dragging our heels shipping them. If you have questions, let me know.

Brett Johnson

PS Single copy shipping by Priority Mail (6-10 business days) to Sweden is $37, but we can ship up to 8 books in a Priority Mail in a fixed rate box for $75, which is very reasonable.

Användarvisningsbild
TobiasL
Medlem
Tilltalsnamn: Tobias
Efternamn: Lindback
Medlemsnummer: 1143
Kontakt:

Re: Ny bok - The 356 Porsche, A Restorer’s Guide to Authenticity IV

Inlägg av TobiasL » 20 nov 2019 08:51

Intresserad!

SvenS
Medlem
Tilltalsnamn: Sven
Efternamn: Stark
Medlemsnummer: 141

Re: Ny bok - The 356 Porsche, A Restorer’s Guide to Authenticity IV

Inlägg av SvenS » 20 nov 2019 18:59

Jag kollade med Bokus, och de ser ut att få in denna till ett betydligt bättre pris.
Skillnaden kan kanske vara att man då inte får tillgång till bilderna online? Vet inte...

https://www.bokus.com/bok/9780929758282 ... ticity-iv/

Skriv svar